Hello!
How are you all? Next week is transfers-craziness! I can't even believe how fast and then how slow time seems to go here. It's weird. I think I'll stay in the same area with my same comps, but I think there will be tons of changes for everyone else this transfer. We're getting a lot more sisters. Dad, that article you sent me is super interesting. I think it will be good to have sisters be in leadership positions. I think it will help..stuff. haha
This week has been super interesting. I can't really remember much what was this week or last week (I forgot to bring my journal today).
We went to Seal Beach last pday. It was super beautiful. We took a bunch of pictures, but I forgot my camera so my comp is hopefully going to send me some today that I can send with this email.
Tuesday was good. We visited with several less actives. Church is so important. As we were contacting the other day I had this scripture come to mind. And I remembered it super well right then, but it was totally a prompting because I didn't even know this scripture really before. But it's 4th Nephi 1 (obviously:) verses 11-13. They did meet together oft..and it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people...but there were mighty miracles. I've never realized the importance of church before.
I tried out with Sister Hyatt for the departing fireside. So we're going to be singing a duet-Jesus Lover of My Soul this Sunday night. It'll be fun.
I can't really remember what happened on Wednesday. My planner isn't even helping me haha. Oh! We taught Melvin. And it wasn't the awesomest lesson. I mean, the lesson actually went fine, it was just his reaction to it. He just isn't serious about it at all. So we really were pretty bold and challenged him to really pray and want to know. But I'm worried that he won't take our commitment seriously. So if not, we're going to have to drop him this next lesson. Dang it. He is so nice! He just doesn't see the importance of what we're teaching him because he feels like he has everything he needs in his church. And when we talk about the restoration and proper priesthood authority he just says -we'll just have to agree to disagree. Darn it. Anyways, that's pretty frustrating.
Friday and Saturday we pretty much stayed in all day since my comp was sick. Stinkin flu! But I got lots of time to study :) Friday night we were able to go out and see a potential investigator. We had given her a BoM last week and invited her to watch conference. She didn't watch conference but she read a bit from the BoM. Which was awesome. But she thinks that Joseph Smith might have just been deceived by the devil. Anyways. And she kept asking all these questions about whether the people in the BoM are the American Indians and why the pictures in the BoM are all of Caucasians if they are. It was an interesting conversation. But she is really actually interested in learning, so that is awesome. We invited her to come to a church tour, but she said no. But then when I asked if I could bear my testimony to her she said-could we do it at your church? I think it's because it was so cold outside haha, but it's all good if she comes! We've tried to set up a time with her, but she hasn't answered our phone calls. Lame. She had a friend who used to be a mormon and now has a job to go around and preach against the church. It's kind of an awful story. Anyways, sorry my thoughts are getting all jumbled because I'm running out of time. This hour goes by so stinkin fast.
Friday night I was able to go on splits with another sister-Sister Bradshaw-since my comp was sick. So we went around and did some visits in her area. And then Saturday night I went with her again. And then on Sunday everything was all confused because Sister Jessop went with Sister Bradshaw to her ward, and then Sister Youngberg and I were by ourselves at our ward (that was super stressful for me! I had to talk it ward PEC. Haha, but it was really good for me) and then I went with Sister Bradshaw to her other sacrament meeting. And then we came back and my comps and i went to dinner. And then I went out with Sister Youngberg that night while sister Jessop and Hyatt were together at the apt. And all the ward members are all confused. Poor people haha. And I had to drive! Holy cow. It was weird. because both of us are still training, and I feel like i just barely got here. But it was a good experience and we didn't crash the car ;)
Okay. I need to go. Sorry this email is super jumbled. I've learned so much about the priesthood this week. It's crazy. The Bible pretty much talks about the restored gospel all over the place. It's crazy. Families are so important.
My challenge this week is to serve a family member this week. The more I'm here the more vital I realize the family is. Everything we do in the church is all about families. It is only through living the gospel in our families that we find the greatest joy.
Okedoke.
I love you all! Remember that the family and the gospel are the most important things on earth. Everything else pales in comparison.
Have a fabulous week!
Love,
Sister Andelin
No comments:
Post a Comment