Monday, June 10, 2013

June 3rd, 2013

Dearest Family,

This week has been amazing and I'm already out of time. Darn it! But I"ll try to summarize things as quickly as possible. 

First-I am going to be a trainer! I'll pick up my trainee tomorrow afternoon. I'm still in HB, but Sis Thompson (obviously) is being transferred to Atherton. She is doing follow up training for a sister who has been out 6 weeks. So kind of the same thing she did with me-the last 6 weeks. I'll most likely be training here for the next 12 weeks. Oh yeah, James-I met Sister Bauer, she is awesome. I wish we could be comps. She's just been out a transfer but she is already training, after 6 weeks. Crazy! We are getting 13 new sisters tomorrow. 

When we got transfer calls I was so nervous. I don't feel ready to be a trainer at all. Elder Larsen gave me a blessing the next day because I was totally stressed out. It was awesome. I am so grateful for the priesthood power. What an amazing gift it is. But something in the blessing that really struck me was that I was told that I really need to follow the spirit in this training and that I need to seek God's will and not mine. So pray for me to be able to do that :)


This week has been one of the most amazing in my life. We fasted last Sunday that the last week of the transfer we could get a baptism. We were praying so hard that we would be effective and be able to make progress in this area. And we had a goal as a district that we would pray for the other set of missionaries in our ward every day. And it obviously worked :) SHows you the faith the elders have. THey're awesome. I'll attach a picture haha. 

Anyways: Wednesday we had a lesson with Keith. We had planned to teach him about the Sabbath day to get him to commit to come to church all 3 hours. But the lesson didn't go at all as planned. Bro Walk taught about Church history and the BoM, and then we felt like we needed to read Moroni's promise again with him. It was so powerful. I felt so strongly that I needed to ask him to kneel down and pray and ask right there. I was so scared because I felt like I needed to promise him that he would get an answer if he really prayed with those 3 pre requisites-sincere, real intent, faith in Christ. So we all knelt down right there and he offered one of the most beautiful prayers I had ever heard. And the Spirit was SO strong. He felt it. There were so many pauses while he just felt the spirit and felt the answer to his prayer. I was so very happy! It is amazing how much you care about these people that you teach. It was a beautiful experience and he got his answer. We then committed him once again to baptism. He accepted but said that the date that we had chose at the beginning (June 1st) was too soon. We really felt that he needed to pick his own date. So we challenged him to do that. 
Unfortunately he canceled his lesson with us on Sat, but he brought his friend to church :) And we have a lesson with him tonight. But wow. I was just so happy. I could hardly contain it. 

Okay, I"m out of time. But we have another investigator named Sabrina. She is so very prepared. But I need more time to tell you about her. 

And we also were able to teach Kyle, an unbaptized member. She's 14 and is so great. 

This week we really learned the power of prayer. I have such a testimony of how powerful the prayer of faith is. Specific prayers = specific answers/blessings. 

Okedoke, need to go. Thank you so much for being great. I'm praying for Grandpa. Love you!

Love, 
Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment