Wednesday, January 1, 2014

November 18th, 2013

Dearest Family, 

I got transfer facts and I'm staying in HB!! I'm really excited. I LOVE this area and I love the ward. It will be amazing. 

Here is what has happened this week:

Monday: I went on an exchange with Sister Lindsey and Redger up in Westminster. It was awesome. We ate dinner at a members house and they fed us TONS! It was ridiculous. haha, that doesn't happen super often when we have to just keep eating so we don't offend people. Whenever you feed missionaries, feed them a really healthy, simple meal :) Then we had a 2 hr street contact. I was freezing standing there for so long. It was really good, a little strange, and probably an hour too long haha. But we taught the first lesson and answered questions and prayed with him. And sent up an appointment for the next day. And then we went in. 

Tuesday: I was with the Westminster sisters until 5. During that time we talked to a LOT of people. Damion, our street contact from the day before, didn't show up to his lesson. It was the WORST! I hate when that happens when you're so excited to teach someone. Oh well. As we walked along the streets I thought a lot about how to work more effectively. We were tracting for probably 3 straight hours and nothing really resulted from it except being super tired and having sore feet from walking :) I'm really trying to figure out ways we can be more effective in our missionary work.We met up with Sister H&K and then went to dinner and then to a lesson with Howie, and investigator in the Beach Side ward. It was kind of comical because a member had set up this lesson with a Howard that he wanted us to teach. We had gone back and forth switching the times like 4 times only to realize that we were both trying to set up appointments with the same Howard. It was funny. The lesson went well. I struggle with having too long of lessons. How can I get better at that? 

Wednesday: It was good. 
(I'm out of time so I can't write many more details of this week. It is the worst when there are only 2 computers open at the fam history center so my companions get on and then an hour later when finally one of the elders gets off I can get on my comps are done and keep telling me to be done. Okay...I'll stop whining about it haha.)

That night we had a really emotional lesson with a less active in our ward. We didn't teach much. We just listened and testified of the power of the Atonement. It was rather overwhelming but the Spirit was there as we testified that it is only through the Gospel that you can find happiness. I shared the story in the Bible when Christ asked His disciples "Will ye also go away?" And Peter answered "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 

Thursday: District meeting. It was good. Weekly planning. pretty good. On the way out the door after weekly planning we met Sheri and her daughter Lexus. I am really excited. They are going to be a miracle story, I'm certain of it. Sheri was baptized when she was younger. She was active in the church and her oldest daughter was baptized. I'll tell you more about it next week. 

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Okay, I love you! I gotta go. Thanks for everything! 

Love, 
Sister Andelin 

No comments:

Post a Comment