Sunday, January 20, 2013

38 days :)

I leave on my mission in 38 days. I cannot even believe how fast the time is flying by. Good heavens. I just wanted to share a few things that I have learned over the past few weeks as I have tried to prepare:

#1. Preach My Gospel is so very inspired. I feel like it was written just for me, catered to my every need. But isn't that how it is with all scripture? What a blessing it is to have this marvelous book to help me prepare and learn to teach. I am so grateful that the Church takes care of their missionaries :)

#2. I am so very scared to go serve a mission. It is going to be dang hard. Goodness. It is going to be an emotional roller coaster, physically draining, and spiritually demanding. How in the world am I going to be an effective missionary? I have realized over the past week and a half that it doesn't really matter what my oratory skills are, what my teaching ability is as long as I remain humble and teachable and allow myself to be led by the Spirit. It is the Spirit that teacheth all things, not a mere mortal sister missionary.

#3. Although I am perfectly inadequate for this calling, for this role, I have realized that with the Lord's help I can do it. I will not be a perfect missionary. I will not keep a perfect schedule, have a perfect attitude, or teach the best 5 minute lessons. But I do have a powerful testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives! I know that He loves me. I know that both He and my Father in Heaven are intricately aware of my life and my circumstances and my needs. And not only me, but ever single one of their children. And they need willing missionaries to go find their precious sons and daughters and teach them the truths they need to return to live with Them someday. How humbling to have been found worthy to fulfill this mission.

I know this will be hard. It will be the hardest thing I have done. But I know that it is worth it. My purpose as a missionary is to bring others to Christ. To save souls. How amazing is that? Pretty darn, if you ask me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment