Thursday, December 27, 2012

Eternal Significance.

This is a post I wrote on my other blog. But I felt like it applied to this one as well :) 

 
This morning, at 1:45 AM, this beautiful little boy was born. Weighing 7 lbs 14 oz, he is in second place for heaviest Andelin grand baby born this year (there were 5 this year. Pretty sweet, huh?). He was 19.5 inches long. And, as you can see, has lots of blonde hair. 



I got to meet him this morning and I already love him. I am so glad I will have two months to get to know him before I head out on my mission.

Yesterday was Chelle's official due date, so he was pretty punctual if you ask me :) As I was thinking about his upcoming birth yesterday morning I was struck by how significant this event is for Chelle and Jason. This will forever change their lives, their perspectives, their eternal focus. They will forever be called parents. What a beautiful thing. 

I couldn't imagine how I will feel on the eve of something so magnificent, so life changing. How do you feel then? It got me thinking about what else in life has such eternal significance. How many things do I do each day that will affect my eternity? How many decisions do I make that will actually change my lfie in such an important way? 

The past few days I have been wanting to be married and have a baby so bad! It's bad timing, right before I leave on my mission. But yesterday, as I was thinking the above thoughts, I suddenly realized that being a missionary will have this eternal significance. What I am sharing with the people I meet has the potential to change their lives, their eternities, forever. This glorious gospel has that power. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has that power. And I get to be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands to share this message with everyone I meet. 

This thought gave me so much excitement. It helped me realize a little bit more the importance of my calling as a missionary. No, I won't be getting married for a long time, and so I won't be having a baby for a long time. But I will be able to share with people a message that can change their eternity. And that is a beautiful thing. 

"Missionary work is the lifeblood of the Church and the lifesaving blessing to all who accept its message."
-Elder Ronald A. Rasband

No comments:

Post a Comment