Monday, July 29, 2013

July 8th, 2013

Dear Family, 

I hope your 4th was awesome! Ours was relatively normal. We definitely had the quietest 4th of everyone else in our zone. Haha. There were a lot of illegal fireworks going all over. It was so pretty! And super loud. But I have stopped hearing things at night. I fall asleep so fast as soon as I lay down. It is such a blessing. We had dinner with a member family (Sabreena's aunt and cousin who she is living with) and then had a lesson with Sabreena afterward. We had planned to talk about the temple, but when we got there there were 2 non members and we didn't feel good about teaching that... SO impromptu lesson swap. So we talked about the Atonement. Let's just say it wasn't the awesomest lesson that we've taught. Afterwards I was like, "HELLO! WHY DIDN'T I TEACH THE FIRST LESSON?!" but it's okay. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be taught. 

My birthday was fun. I can't believe I'm 22! Jennis, I appreciated the "But you're so old!" quote ;) I feel like it! Keith threw a surprise party for me haha. He was so happy to do it :) We had planned on having a lesson with him that day and then he invited us over to lunch and invited several other people. The Knowles, the Haglunds, and Sabreena were there. He BBQ'd for us. It was so sweet. He gave me a bajillion sticky notes, it was so funny. I definitely won't run out until the end of my mission. He gave them to me because we used to always leave a sticky note on his door if we didn't find him home. But then I ran out of sticky notes and he asked why we stopped leaving notes and I told him. So he bought me so many :) So we ate and then we had a lesson. It went well. 

I got your package in time and it was awesome! And I got so many notes  and letters. I felt so loved. I am so awkward when people do nice things for me. I don't know how to respond and then I just feel awkward. I'm sure you can imagine. :) Sister Woerner took us out to dinner that night to a really yum Italian place. SO overall it was an awesome day. 

Okay. I am pretty much out of time. So I need to go. But here is my favorite quote from this week: "Heaven will not be heaven to those who have not chosen to be heavenly." I have thought about that so much. I want to choose and learn and live to become heavenly. A mission is such a perfect environment to overcome weaknesses and flaws and bad habits and attitudes. I am so grateful for that. 

I have been reading a lot about the temple today. What a blessing it is. I read this scripture this morning "And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things" (1 N 18:3). In True to the Faith it says, "Temple ordinances lead to the greatest blessings available through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. All we do in the Church--our meetings and activities, our missionary efforts, the lessons we teach and the hymns we sing--should point us to the Savior and the work we do in the temples" (p. 170-1). What a blessing! Something else that really struck me was that it said that "only the home can compare to the temple in sacredness." I want to live so that my home can become a sacred, peaceful place. Wow. 

So my challenge to you this week:
Go to the temple! It is worth the couple hours it takes. Don't let Satan get in the way of doing this amazing work. 

Okedoke, I need to leave. But I love you all! Have a beautiful week! Thank you for your love and support. 

Love, 
Sister Andelin 

No comments:

Post a Comment