Dearest Family,
How I love you! I am missing you particularly as everyone is celebrating my favorite holiday and I'm not home! But it's okay. I am going to make the 4th awesome! We're not sure what our rules are for the 4th. Pretty much everyone that we talk to tells us-Don't go out on the 4th! It's crazy! It would make Soddom and Gommorah embarrassed (haha, a member told us that yesterday ;) We'll find out what President Tew wants us to do tomorrow--I haven't met him yet, so tomorrow we'll get to meet him for the first time :) The 4th is our district meeting/weekly planning anyways so we wouldn't be out much except for the evening. We decided we're going to make red white and blue pancakes (thanks to the Monteirths from last year ;) and use strawberries, blueberries, and bananas haha. I'm excited :)
So Sabreena got baptized! It was so awesome. She is so prepared. She got confirmed on Sunday and she is just going to be the most rock solid member ever. I feel so blessed that I was able to be in this area when she needed to be taught. We pretty much didn't teach anything-she knew it all :) it was a good reminder for me that as missionaries we never convert, the Spirit does that. All we do is teach the lessons and bear testimony with the Spirit. She wants to come to lessons with us to, so that will be awesome :) I'll put a picture with her and us from her baptism.
Keith came to the baptism. And he also fasted. We're not really sure if he felt that he got an answer or not. We weren't able to talk to him afterwards and haven't since. He came to Sacrament and Sunday School but was much quieter than usual. I'm a little worried. We'll talk to him on Wednesday night. Keep him in your prayers if you would. We're a little bit worried that he has been "converted to the missionaries" instead of to the doctrine. So we're trying to figure out how to avoid that.
So funny thing happened the other day. We were just finishing up companion study when Elder Walker (one of the Assistants) called us. I answered and he said, "Hello Sister Andelin, I am calling to inform you that you just won a new car." And I was like, WHAT?! And he just was laughing and laughing at me and said, yep, you heard me. The sisters are on their way to pick you up right now to come get it." It was funny. So we got a car! The only times we can use it is on pdays, sundays, and from 6-9, and mission meetings. So we don't drive it that much anyways. But it's super nice to have on Sundays :) It's a brand new, 2013 toyota corolla. And it's bright red. And it's way too nice for me to drive haha. So yeah. That will be nice. But now I can't complain about the elders having a car and not us ;)
The past few days have been super rough for me. I'm not sure why, especially since Sabrena got baptized! It's totally weird. I feel like I have gotten lazy and am not working as hard as I should or with as much faith as I should. Then I get super discouraged and frustrated with myself, and then it is just a horrid cycle of feeling totally inadequate and then not working as hard etc etc. But I have realized so much about where I need to improve. I base so much of my self confidence in things that are so false. I am really trying to remember that my worth comes because I am a daughter of God. It doesn't come from being needed, so if I'm not, it's okay. It doesn't come from being the best teacher so when I'm never that, it's still okay. It doesn't come from someone loving me most, so if they don't, everything is still fine. I am still a daughter of God despite what other people feel about me or what talents I lack. And as long as I do my very best, the Lord accepts that and is pleased with me. And thus I need to learn to be pleased with that as well. In PMG it says that if you are doing your best, there will still be disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself. I am trying to internalize that truth.
I have loved reading in the Doctrine and Covenants, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment, and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high" (D&C 121:7-8). And "Hearken unto the voice of the Lord your God, while I speak unto you, Emma Smith, my daughter; for verily I say unto you, all those who receive my gospel are sons and daughters in my kingdom" (D&C 25:1). God is our Father! He wants us to know that. He wants us to remember always that He loves us! And all things shall work togethr for the good of them that love God.
Despite the sometimes super hard days I love my mission. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve and learn and grow. I know that this gospel is true. My testimony is strengthened every time I read my scriptures and the Spirit testifies to me of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, the Bible, the words of the living prophets (I think I"m addicted to conference talks haha). Life is beautiful. Rememeber what is eternal.
Love you!
Sister Andelin
No comments:
Post a Comment