Wednesday, January 1, 2014

October 28th, 2013

Dear Family, 

This has been a week of crazy changes. First and foremost: I just barely (as in 20 minutes ago) found out what I am going to do tomorrow about a new companion. I will be in a trio with Sister Hartmann (from South Carolina?) and Sister King (from Lindon). I joked before about having a goal of being every sisters companion for at least a day but now I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. I will still go on exchanges with the other sisters but I'll just go be in a trio with them because there won't be another STL with me. I'm a little stressed about that but it will be good. Sister Luft has an amazing ability to love people and to help them. And all the sisters LOVE her. So it will be hard to follow that. But I know that this is what is supposed to happen and there are so many new opportunities to learn and grow. 

The second change: Yesterday the Huntington Beach Stake realigned all the ward boundaries. So...I don't even know what ward I'm in currently. Our Mission President didn't know about it until yesterday (I don't know how that happened) so they haven't had time to sit down and reassign missionaries to the wards. They created a new ward for Single Adults ages 31-45. It includes three stakes. So they need missionaries for that. And then they mixed up all the other wards. So it will be interesting. The ward members were pretty shocked. 

And I'm losing my companion. I hate that. Yesterday in Ward Council it finally hit me. I LOVE her. She is amazing and has taught me so much. But she has to leave and move on to other things. And I'm so grateful that we were companions. She has forever changed my mission and more importantly she has forever changed me. 

Tomorrow morning I will drive Sister Luft to the airport and drop her off and then go with my other two companions. And it will be MLC that day. I'm a little stressed about it. But it will all be good. 

Here is a summary of our week: 

Monday: We met a family that moved into our ward. They are awesome. It was so cool to see them soften toward us as we talked. I loved that. They finally let us in and the daughters are awesome. The mom works as a nurse and she has 2 daughters. We invited them to YW and they came on Wednesday! It was great. I love when I get to feel just a portion of Heavenly Father's love for his children. It makes me want to work so much harder to serve them and help them to come closer to Christ. That is how we find that peace and happiness that we need. 

Tuesday: We had to drive to the office in the morning for something. I don't remember why. And I got my scriptures!! I love them. They are beautiful and I love all the new stuff. And they have already made such a difference in how heavy my bag is and how much I can fit into it and how sore my back is. Thank you so much! 
That day we had a meeting with all the sisters that we're over. It was really cool. It was so neat to just talk to them about their desires, their needs, their wants, etc. We talked about exchanges. We shared miracle stories. We talked about how we can help them. And we ate some really yum cookies (those same ones that we sent you Mom :) They are our favorite). 
That night we had dinner with the Walks. I love them. They are the coolest family. They love the Gospel. They love missionary work. They love the people they interact with and they're really down to earth and really cool.

Wednesday: We taught Sherry. She is the investigator we were going to teach on Friday. We just met with her and talked about her concerns, and asked her about her experience with the Church and the missionaries. She is really cool. That day we went over to the Divis Family's home. They are in our ward. They have two daughters, Kate and Charlotte. They are such a cool family. I love the way Sister Divis talks to her daughters. We taught Kate about the Holy Ghost. And then they painted our nails again :) 
That night we had dinner with the Gutierrez family. It's always fun because they don't speak much English and I speak zero Spanish. But they have such strong testimonies and they love to be involved in the ward. I love them. And they always cook really good food :) 
That night we were able to go to YW for opening exercises to introduce Nicki and Bella to the girls. Young Womens is so awesome. I never appreciated it enough before my mission. I love the girls in this ward. They are so sweet. It's pretty much my favorite thing when the Beehives and the Primary kids get excited to see us :) 
Then we taught Ronni. It was a pretty good lesson. I can't believe how much I care about him. 

Thursday: District Meeting and weekly planning. 
 
Friday: Zone conference. We taught Sherry in front of about 50 other missionaries. It didn't go as well as we planned and it was really really scary and intimidating, but I learned a lot. And the Spirit was there. Someday she will get baptized I think :) That night we had two really good lessons with Kathy and Ronni. I wish I had time to write about them but I have about 4 minutes left. Ugh. So I will have to write you about them later.
 
I don't remember what happened Saturday and I told you about Sunday, This are crazy. Everything is going to be different. But next week I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about. I drop Sister Luft off at the airport tomorrow and then I have to move and I don't even know how that will go. But it will all work out.
 
Thank you for all your love and support. Keep the faith. Remember that God knows what is best and He will lead us along.
 
I love you!
 
Love,
Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment