Monday, December 1, 2014

April 22, 2014

Dearest Family,


It has been an amazing week. Very full of emotions and lots of crazy things. But I have learned so much. I don't have much time as it is temple pday. But I will write a few of the things that I have loved about the week.
1st: Easter was wonderful. We were able to get up at 5 and go to an Easter Sunrise Service up in a beautiful cemetery. It was an interfaith thing, so pastors from a bunch of churches prayed or read scriptures, there was a choir, and the Stake President for the Whittier stake gave the Easter Message. It was beautiful. Listening to the other pastors was interesting. It really made me grateful for the light and knowledge we have because of the restored Gospel. We understand who the Savior is! We understand who God is and how much they both love us. Something I have really appreciated on my mission is meeting so many people of other faiths. Their faith in God has inspired me. It inspires me to have deeper, more abiding trust in my Savior and gratitude for what He has given me. But I am always reminded of how much more truth we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. How grateful I am for that.
That day we were able to listen to the primary children sing. It was beautiful. They sang I Stand all Amazed. There was a beautiful little down syndrome girl singing right up in the front. Her face radiated happiness as she copied the music director, waving her arms all around and singing at the top of her voice. I got misty eyed when she sang the words, "Oh it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me." She understood. She of all people, in a body that is far from perfect, has such a sweet, simple love. I am so grateful to know that someday she, along with all of us, will rise in the resurrection with a perfect, glorified, beautiful body-and this is possible only because of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

This morning we went to the Temple. It was beautiful. Sadly the traffic was so bad that we missed the session, but we did initiatories (sp?) instead and then went up to the celestial room to wait for the rest of the missionaries. I was SO HAPPY! There is such a peace in the temple. I didn't ever want to leave... But we had to leave and we then went to lunch with Sister Doing and Allegra :) It has been a good day.


I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you do for me.
I hope your week goes so well! good luck with finals everyone! Nate, congrats on the new car. Dan, write me someday.
Love you!

Love,
Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment