This was a really good week.
Highlights:
Cathy
came to Church! Of course we sang In Our Lovely Deseret. Without fail
whenever one of our new investigators comes to church for the first time
we sing either If You could Hie To Kolob or In our lovely deseret. Oh
hymns :) But it was so good! She liked church and we have a lesson
scheduled with her for next week. What was most amazing though was that
our whole sacrament meeting was about the Book of Mormon as they
challenged all the youth in the stake and our whole ward to read the
Book of Mormon in 40 days. It was really powerful, And afterwards, Cathy
said she's going to do the challenge! Ha, it will be amazing :)
We had an awesome couple lessons with Stacy, Mark, and Samantha.
We challenged them to pray together as a family and we're going to help
them begin a habit of family prayer and family home evening. Stacy
finally prayed!! It was so beautiful. Praying is such a wonderful gift
that God has given us. I love it. We have a lesson with them tonight to
do an FHE and we're going to teach them the rest of the Plan of
Salvation.
We started teaching Sara! She has been taught
by other missionaries in another ward as her bf is in that ward and
that is how she got introduced to the gospel. But she lives in our ward
so we get to teach her :) She loves the gospel and knows it's true and
wants to get baptized. So we are excited about that.
We had zone conference. It was really powerful.
President gave a training on change and how we change deep internal
things about ourselves. It was great.
Something
I have really learned this week is about the Savior's atonement. I feel
like I continue to learn these things and then I forget and then I
learn them again and they go a little deeper and then I kind of forget
and then I learn them again and they go even deeper. I've been studying
the talk, Becoming Perfect in Christ. You all should read it. I wish I
could express how amazing it was-what an important lesson it was for me
and for the rest of my life. I've been trying to find the balance
between having really high expectations (which I do-such high
expectations about the missionary and person I want to be) but also
allowing yourself to be forgive yourself when you make mistakes. aka
realizing that you're never going to be perfect but you're not even
supposed to be perfect but still striving for it. And I realized that
just as in other things, it's not even really a balance. It's just an
acceptance of Christ's atonement. He allows us to make mistakes. Because
that is how we learn! It was a really cool epiphany that I wish I could
express in words but I can't right now. Maybe someday...
We got a mini missionary this week! Hannah Smith :)
Sister
Smith, Sister Saunders, Me (please ignore my sunburnt face and not very
well fixed hair. haha one of these days I'm going to remember
sunscreen...)
She was in my ward in Huntington Beach for those 9
months I was there so I already know her. She will be with us for 2
weeks to experience what missionary work is like :) It will be awesome.
Okedoke, I love you all.
Pray to God. Don't forget to give Him time :)
Love,
Sister Andelin

No comments:
Post a Comment