Oh my goodness! I just got Dad's letter
about Savannah Mae. CONGRATULATIONS Chelle and Jason! She is beautiful!
Please send me more pictures :) And I love her name!
Here are a couple miracle stories from my week:
Brodie: We
were out contacting on Tuesday I think and we came across a kid playing
bball out in his driveway. So we stopped to talk with him. For some
reason he looked so familiar. But I couldn't think of where. But we
talked and he was super nice and interested. He told us he had just
graduated from Valley Vista (I think that's what it's called) in
Fountain Valley. I said, Oh, our church is right next to it. Once I
handed out a bunch of candy canes to kids in the parking lot after a
meeting there. And he said, Oh, that's why I recognize you! Ha, I had
given him a candy cane and a mormon.org
card once upon a time... But he had really changed his life around and
was looking for God and truth. As we taught him about the restoration
everything seemed to make sense to him. He was really excited to learn
more and said he was actually going to go with one of his friends who is
mormon to her church on sunday. We were able to bear testimony to him
about the truths of the restoration. The Spirit was really strong and I
know that God has been preparing him to receive the Gospel.
Sadly we had to pass him off to the YSA elders (why does that
always happen?) but that one contact made the whole day of rejection
completely worth it :)
Juliette and Arlin:
On Saturday our dinner apt canceled. We ended up getting fed but we had a
couple extra minutes of dinner so Sister Saunders suggested we go to
yogurt land. Well, we decided that in order to go we all had to contact
one person there. So we walk into the store and we start talking to
people as we're getting our yogurt. I talked to a mom and her daughter
who is studying nursing. But when we left, Sister Smith hadn't talked to
anyone yet. So we walk back to our car and she says, we can't go yet, I
want to keep my part of the bargain. So we walk back and she starts
talking to this Filipino couple sitting outside yogurt land. They are
Catholic but had lots of questions for us. We answered them as we taught
them about prophets and priesthood authority. They said they were
interested, but not super willing to meet with us yet. But we felt
prompted to share with them the truth of eternal families. We told them
about the sealing power and how their marriage could last for eternity.
We paused and Julietta smiled and said "I am so touched! It is almost
our 10 yr anniversary and we've been thinking about renewing our
marriage vows." It was so cool to see how God really knows each of His
children. As we testified of the blessing of eternal families they
opened up a lot more and we were able to get their number and they said
they want to meet with missionaries!
Again, unfortunately for us, they don't live in our ward so we'll
have to pass them off. But that experience was such a testament to me
that God uses us to bring about His work and as we are willing to listen
and follow we can truly be instruments in His hands.
Well...I don't know what else to write about. This
next Sunday is the departure fireside and I'm speaking in it. That is
pretty crazy. I'll send you my testimony next week when I've figured out
for sure what I want to say :)
I love you! Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon!
Love,
Sister Andelin
No comments:
Post a Comment