Dear Family,
This week
seemed to fly by. Since nothing particularly out of the ordinary
happened this week I'll just tell you the best miracle story :) I feel
like if I go through my week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) it would be full of
just tracting. so I will spare you most of that ;)
A few weeks ago we met this beautiful little family.
They seem so prepared for the Gospel. We had a lesson with them set up,
a member scheduled to come with us, and a lesson plan. But...they
canceled. Bummer. She said they had been having a lot of family things
going on so we decided to give them a few weeks. Well, on Saturday we
decided to go by. So we knocked on the door. The wife answered and said
that we could come back that night. So we did. Unfortunately we couldn't
find a member in time (everyone, always say yes when missionaries ask
you to come!! ;) but we ended up having a really powerful lesson with
them. It lasted a long time because they had so many questions. In the
middle of recounting Joseph Smith's account of the first vision,
something I've told hundreds of times, I was overwhelmed with how
grateful I am to be a missionary. I was in a stranger's home. With their
three little girls around, noise in the background, and a beautiful
couple listening as we taught them about the restoration of the Gospel.
I couldn't believe that I was living the dream. Yes,
missionary work is hard. This week has been so full of biking,
knocking, contacting and trying to come up with creative finding ideas
that it's ridiculous. But that one lesson made the rest of the entire
week worth it. It was beautiful.
I KNOW the Gospel is here on the earth. I know that
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church that
has all of the truth! It is such a huge, ridiculously bold claim. But
it's true. And we can know it for ourselves. All we have to do
is the small and simple things that Christ has asked us to do. Study,
ponder, and pray. It's amazing.
Read your scriptures. It's worth the time.
Love you!
Sister Andelin
No comments:
Post a Comment