This has been a good week. Last week
it was really really rainy and wet and cold and then in the past 2 days
it has gotten soooo warm. I feel like it's the middle of July in Utah.
I'm not very excited for how hot it will be here in Whittier during the
summer... Yay for biking in the sun :)
I was really sick this week so that was no fun, but
thankfully I'm almost better. I also went on a couple exchanges this
week. Exchanges are really fun, but they definitely add a lot of stress.
I just really want to be the best example that I can to these other
sisters. I always learn a lot from them so I am really grateful for
that.
So here is a quick weekly summary:
Monday-We
had an all sisters pday activity. That was really fun :) I think
they'll do those a lot more now so that sisters can actually play sports
with each other. I think that is so healthy.
We had a lesson with the Thomsons. Every time I go over there I
remember how much I love them. Children are the best ever. They are so
innocent and even when they are really rambunctious and crazy they have
such good little spirits.
Tuesday: We had 3 members come out with us!!
It was awesome. We visited several less actives and a few former
investigators. And we found someone who wants us to come teach them!!
Hooray :) His name is Albert. Will you pray for him?
Wednesday: We had dinner with Sister Marquez.
She is making progress and really has desires to strengthen her
testimony. I love when people have that desire. We read with her in the
Book of Mormon.
Thursday: I did a training in zone meeting
down in Cypress. It went pretty well. I trained on obedience and I
really love that topic. As I studied obedience I realized so much about
what true obedience is. It isn't all about just making sure you do all
the little rules. It's about giving your heart to God-doing His will
instead of ours. When we do that we will be always obedient to those
little rules too, but we will be doing it for the right reason. In each
of our meetings we always quote D&C 4. I love that section. But I
love the part that says, "And faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify
him for the work." I've really realized that everything we
do-missionary work, being obedience, etc-is to bring God glory. And when
we do that, then we truly are happy.
We started an exchange after weekly planning. I was with Sister
Saunders. She is awesome and is also from Utah. We have so many people
from Utah in our mission :)
Friday-We
finished our exchange (me with Sister Saunders, sister Oler with Sister
Luter), had ward correlation, practiced a song for the RS to sing next
Sunday (there are like no pianists in this ward so I get to play a lot
haha) and then taught Colin :) He is a recent convert of a few months
and he is so great.
Afterwards we started another exchange, this time I went to Cypress with Sister Shipman :)
Saturday: I
got sun burnt! Who knew I would get sun burnt in the middle of March.
We had several miracles on our exchange. We found a lot of really good
potentials and had a few return appointments. I'm hoping that they will
turn into investigators for them!
Sunday: I
played the organ again! Haha, I really need to practice. I think it was
better this time though :) Then I accompanied all the men singing Ye
Elders of Israel. And then I accompanied the women in Relief Society.
I'm getting lots of practice :)
And now it's Monday again. And we're going hiking!
I'm excited. We'll for sure take pictures this time and so you can see
my comp.
Sorry this email is way lame. I promise next week will be better. Just pray extra hard for me this week :)
Love you!
Love,
Sister Andelin
No comments:
Post a Comment