Conference starts THIS WEEKEND!! Oh man,
I'm excited. We've been inviting everyone we see to come and listen to a
prophets voice. This is a prophet-just like Noah and Moses and Abraham
and Peter!! Think about the miracles they did and the doctrine they
taught. That is just like our Prophet now. Isn't that amazing?! Get
excited to have your life questions answered :)
This has been a really good week. I've learned so
much. I don't have a ton of time, but here is the run down of what we've
done the past 7 days in the Granada Ward :)
Monday: We had a lesson with the Thomsons again. How I love those
kids. I lost my camera (it's with some sisters I went on an exchange
with) but I'll send you one from Sister Oler's camera. They are so
thirsty for the Gospel. We watched the Restoration video with them. At
the end we asked them what their favorite part was. Jane-she's 4-said,
The part when Heavenly Father and Jesus appeared!! I love her :) Then
their mom pretty much bore her testimony to them. It was really
powerful. It is amazing that the Spirit can be so strong in someones
tiny apartment living room.
Tuesday: We taught the Becerras. I love them
to. I think my favorite people to teach are kids under the age of 12 :)
They are just so sweet and innocent. We taught them the Plan of
Salvation. Their dad recently passed away so when we got to the part
about the Resurrection they all got so excited and asked if they would
be able to see their dad again. We testified that they could and they
were so happy. What a blessing it is to have the truth that only the
restored Gospel brings.
Wednesday: I don't remember what happened this day... haha
Thursday: We
had a lesson with Danielle and Jason. I love them!! They really want to
know if the Book of Mormon is true but they haven't gotten an answer.
We invited them to come to church this week as that is a place we can
receive revelation for our individual lives. After we left we sat in the
car and prayed about what we could teach them that would help them
progress. Both of us felt that we needed to talk about the Savior-who He
is and what He means to us. So we are excited to teach them hopefully
this week about our belief of Jesus Christ.
It's interesting, because that is what people always
talk to us about. Born Again Christians tell us that we believe in the
wrong Jesus Christ. Especially those at BIOLA. And Danielle and Jason
graduated from BIOLA. So I'm a little nervous for that lesson but I know
it can be so powerful. Will you pray for us to teach the things they
need to hear and that the Spirit will carry our words into their
hearts?
Friday: We taught Abel and Jacob and their
older sister and mom. It went really well. When we invited their mom to
read the Book of Mormon and pray about it she hesitated before
answering. And Abel (10) blurted out, "It's a good book Mom!" She then
answered that she would read it. And he said, "You're going to like it."
She asked him, have you read it? And he proudly told her, "Yep!" It
melted our hearts haha. Faith of little children is the best thing
ever.
We also taught both our investigators named Teresa.
Teresa C loves the Book of Mormon. We asked her if she would pray about
it and ask if it is true. She said, "yes. But I think it is true.
Because God sent you when I was having such a bad day." She is going to
get baptized soon, I know it :)
Saturday: We visited the Becerras again. And
when we got there they were so excited to tell us about the Plan of
Salvation and they wanted us to teach it to them again. So we sat down
in the driveway and taught them again. They kept asking us to sing songs
about each of the principles. So we sang I lived in Heaven, Faith, and a
couple others a lot :) And then they fed us oranges with salt haha.
We also stopped by the Thomsons. This is what resulted:
If you couldn't tell, that is a giant elephant on the top of my head. :)
Okay, the computer decided to be sooo slow.
Sunday: Danielle
came to Church!! It was awesome :) Except we sang In our Lovely Deseret
and I was trying so hard not to laugh as I was trying to play it on the
organ. Oh man, some of our hymns are not for investigators. We'll have
to explain that one ;)
Then we taught Oscar. It was awesome. He finally understood that
there is only one church on the whole face of the earth that has the ALL
of the truth AND the priesthood power AND prophets. He said that he
would pray about it this week. Wahoo! It was awesome.
I have been struck so many times this week
with how amazing the Gospel is. There truly is no other place that we
can find "the words of eternal life" (John 6). We have a Prophet of God
on the earth today. We have a knowledge of eternal families. And we have
the Priesthood power that grants us access to all the blessings and
power of the Atonement through sacred promises we make with God. How
awesome is that?!
The Gospel is true. Read your scriptures. And get ready to listen to a prophets voice :)
Love you!!
Love,
Sister Andelin
Sister Andelin

No comments:
Post a Comment