Monday, December 1, 2014

March 31, 2014

Dearest Family,

I experienced my very first earthquake last friday!! It was scary. We were swinging by the Doings home just before we were heading in to return some dishes she had lent us. The Doings weren't there but Sister Luft was. We were just about to leave when the whole house started shaking. It was crazy. That night there were a ton of little aftershocks and they kept going with varying strength until Sunday morning. Haha it was great. 

This has been a good week. This is going to be the world's shortest letter because I'm so distracted. 

Monday-FHE with the Thomsons. They are so great. 
Tuesday-Lesson with the Becerras and then Jon and Lopida. Lopida, without knowing it, taught the principle of an apostasy so well. It was crazy. Her daughter was baptized in another ward this last saturday. We have a lesson with them tonight and we are really excited to hear how they felt at the baptism. 

Wednesday-I was on an exchange with Sister Perry. I was her visiting teacher at home :) She is awesome. We had a lesson with our investigator Oscar. He is great. 

Thursday-District meeting, and weekly planning. And then we had a dinner with some families in the ward. We didn't plan very well, but it all worked out. It was so fun :) Sister Doing made us enchiladas and we set up my slack line and the kids loved it. It was a really good fellowshipping activity. 
That night we also had a lesson with Danielle and Jason. I love them. I want them to be an eternal family so bad! I'm realizing more and more the importance of teaching simply. We're really trying to change the way we teach them so they can feel the Spirit more during the lessons.  

Friday- We had missionary leadership council. It was really good. I saw Allegra and I cried. The earthquake happened that night. That was fun :) 

Saturday- We found a lot of people that are interested in hearing the Gospel. It was so good. And then the Women's Broadcast happened. Oh I LOVED it. Except I was surprised that the Prophet didn't speak. Danielle came to the first hour but had to leave early. We haven't been able to talk with her about what she thought of it. That night there was another semi big earthquake after we went to bed. I sat up, half asleep, and sister Oler said, aren't you going to get in a doorway? After that we couldn't sleep. I kept imagining that the ground was shaking. So we got up after laying there and went and sat in the kitchen and ate cold pizza. haha. Then we were finally able to go back to sleep. It was funny :) 

Sunday-Church!! Oscar and Robert came. Wahoo :) I also played the Organ and the piano like 8 times. I need to practice the pedals one of these days :) Then we had lunch with a Samoan family. They are amazing. After we left their house I thought I was going to die I was so full. Then it was the departure fireside!! 

Oh yeah! I'm not getting transferred. Sister Oler and I are staying together in the Granada ward. But the elders are getting transferred so now we will be the only missionaries in the ward. That will be so weird because I've never covered a ward without elders. We are sad to see them go. They are awesome. It will be an interesting adventure covering the whole ward. And we're going to get really skinny because our area is really big and has lots of hills and we're going to be biking a LOT. haha. 

Okedoke, we are going to go get some food. I love you! Sorry this is a really superficial feeling email...Ii'll try to send a better one next week.  

I love you! 
Love, 

Sister Andelin

No comments:

Post a Comment