Sunday, December 23, 2012

66 Days!

I go into the MTC in 66 days (thank you missionary portal for keeping a countdown for me ;)! I can't even believe it. I am not at all prepared. I still need to read all of Preach My Gospel and get into better scripture reading habits and exercise habits and get on a good schedule and go to the temple lots of times and buy all my luggage and clothes and scripture bag....

But I am so excited to share this glorious gospel. When I realize how much the gospel blesses families and changes lives my desire to serve is greatly increased.

I have so very much to do before I go. And so much to learn. But I know that the Lord qualifies those that He calls and if I am humble He can use me to further His purposes and serve His children. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

I have been reminded of this scripture many times, by many different people and in many different settings the last two weeks. I don't think that is a coincidence...

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." 
Ether 12:27 

I am so grateful for this knowledge. I just need to get working :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment