Monday, February 24, 2014

February 10th, 2014

Dearest family,

How are you? Here is a little rundown of my week:

Monday: Had an exchange with Sister Smith. We had a FHE lesson with a less active family. It is a single mom and 6 kids all under 12. Those kids are awesome and I fell in love with them the first time I met them. They are hilarious and I'm always laughing when we're there. We talked about our worth and about being children of God last time. We have another lesson with them tonight-we're going to teach about prayer and make prayer sandwiches :) 

Tuesday: Biked a lot. I got a couple big bruises on my legs from Sister Aliki's bike. I rode it because it was too short for sister Smith. But her pedals are the metal ones and I kept gouging my shins whenever we would stop to talk to someone. Oh man. My poor legs. We had a lesson that night with the Duran family. They are awesome. We were able to share a scripture with them in John 6. I love this story. Christ had just fed the people miraculously and they loved Him. And then He began teaching them doctrine-about His death and resurrection. And people were offended and went no more after Him. And then Christ asks his disciples, "Will ye also go away? And they answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? We believe, and are sure, that thou art that Christ, the Son of the Living God." I love that. No matter if we get offended, no matter if we don't understand, or perhaps don't agree yet with some of the standards of the Church, we can say that we believe and are sure that this is Christ's church. To whom else would we go? Sister Aliki invited them to church and they said they would come! We were so so happy. 

Wednesday: We biked a lot. I don't really remember what else happened this day. Oh yeah, we met a Vietnamese man who told us his whole life story about how he escaped and came to America. We listened for a long time but then we were late and we told him that we would come back and listen to the rest of his story later haha :) The hills in Whittier are....so fun to bike up :) 

Thursday: I trained with Sister Folsom at zone meeting down in HB. It was AWFUL! It was definitely the worst training I've ever given. But it was so humbling and I learned a lot and realized a lot about myself and what I need to change. haha, oh goodness. I realized that I really need to focus more on others than on myself. And that if I don't have the Spirit with me when I teach I can't teach worth anything. I am so grateful this is God's work and that I can trust that the Holy Ghost will confirm truth when I am humble and am teaching others with pure motives. 

Friday: Another exchange. We actually started Thursday evening. And it rained and rained and rained! It was so good :) But I realized that my shoes have a lot of holes and my feet were sopping wet :) But it was kind of fun to do missionary work in not ideal weather. We are spoiled all the time here with beautiful weather that I feel like a wimp sometimes when I hear of other missionaries in the freezing cold or frying hot or always rainy places. haha. 

Saturday: We had a lesson with Colin, a recent convert in the ward. His faith is so inspiring. I want to have greater faith and pure acceptance of the commandments. He has such trust that everything we teach is what God is asking Him to do. A member actually taught the lesson (YES!!) and it was on tithing. Isn't tithing so inspiring? I learned a lot about how much I need to remember that EVERYTHIGN we have on earth is God's. Isn't a little prideful or selfish to grudgingly give just 10% back to the Lord? 

Sunday: We had FOUR less active members at church. It was beautiful. And the talks were perfect. I love the Gospel. We had dinner that night with a member from Chili. It was so good but we ate SOOO much. haha. That night we had a meeting with the Bishop to talk about names to go by. It went really well. 

Okedoke, I have to hurry and write president. I am so grateful for the Gospel and for the knowledge that we have that God is in control, that He has a plan for us, and that He knows exactly what is best. Remember the most important things. Read your scriptures. Love people. And always always remember to pray. 

I love you! 

Love, 
Sister Andelin 

No comments:

Post a Comment